Sperm, or the male reproductive cells play a key role in reproduction. Each cell in your body including sperm, and eggs in case of women, contains 23 pairs of chromosomes. Chromosomes house your DNA, and DNA is the base of life.
It takes one sperm and one egg to create a baby. Since both sperm and eggs contain DNA, the baby inherits DNA from both the mother and the father.
Today, many men struggle with fertility thanks to poor lifestyle, fast food and stress. Also, there are many who decide to start a family late in their lives. Because of this, the medical field of human fertility is forced to constantly develop more fertility clinics and better treatment options for couples struggling to start a family. In an effort to improve fertility, many men are confused about how to increase sperm count.
Increasing sperm count can have many advantages besides increasing your chances of having children. Your sperm count can definitely boost your ego. It also affects your testosterone levels. An abundance of sperm is a sign of high testosterone and a healthy reproductive system. As your sperm count increases, you will also experience an increase in:
You can increase your sperm count by adopting few simple lifestyle changes. This article will show you how to increase sperm count in three easy steps:
If you want to know how to increase sperm count naturally, this is the first step you need to take, and you need to take it immediately. It is a no-brainer that drug abuse, smoking and drinking are habits that have no positive effects on your health. Here are some substances that can hinder sperm production in men:
– Weed: One major problem is smoking weed, which is a common trend these days. Although there is a lot of new research pouring in about the health benefits of marijuana, but unfortunately it is not how to improve your sperm count.
Weed contains a group of compounds called the cannabinoid compounds. Your body has the ability to synthesize these cannabinoid compounds. This is why your body has natural receptors for them. When these compounds latch onto the cells of the testes or the sperm cellsthey can decrease the functioning of these cells. This gradually leads to low sperm count and impotency.
In one research study, scientists studied the effects of smoking weed on sperm count. They found that males who smoked fewer than once per week experienced a 25-percent reduction in their sperm count. Moreover, those who smoked weed more than once daily experienced as much as a 55 percent reduction in their sperm counts.
– Cocaine, Opiates, LSD and MDMA: Your testicles are highly vascular and there is a good reason for that, too. Your testicles need a continuous supply of blood to promote sperm product. Anything that obstructs the supply of blood to your testicles can reduce your sperm count as well.
Drugs like cocaine can narrow the blood vessels to your testicles. With a decrease in blood going to your testicles, you experience complications, like impotence. It also destroys testicular tissue leading to low sperm count. Other drugs like opiates, methamphetamine, LSD, MDMA and ecstasy can have similar effects on your sperm count.
– Tobacco Smoking: Studies have shown that men who smoke are less fertile than men who do not. Smoking damages sperm, making them less capable of fertilizing eggs. Smoking harms your sperm count in two ways:
– Alcohol: Studies suggest that moderate weekly alcohol consumption can lower your sperm count and quality, even if you are otherwise healthy. Alcohol affects the reproductive hormone levels. It affects the globulin which binds the sex hormone; thus, as the levels of sex hormone decrease, it leads to lack of energy and sex drive.
Long periods of heavy alcohol consumption can lead to impotency, along with lowering your sperm count.
The question remains: What can a person do to give up on these addictions? It is easier said than done. While it is for the best to give on your addiction altogether, you can be more successful if you take things one step at a time.
Here are some practical tips to help you quit any harmful addictions and have a normal sperm count again:
– Find Your Reason and Motivation: Find a powerful, personal reason to quit smoking or drinking. This will keep you motivated.
– Prepare Before You Fall Back: Smoking or drinkingare addictions. You will be craving cigarettes sooner or later, so prepare for it in advance. It is perfectly fine for you to stumble. In fact, you will stumble in the beginning, but the important thing is to get up again and to never give up.
– Seek Expert Advice: Just like you’d consult a doctor for your fever, you could seek expert help for your addiction too. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Ask your doctor about options like counselling, medication and quit-smoking classes that you can benefit from.
– Try Nicotine Replacements: To combat withdrawal symptoms from quitting smoking, like headaches, lethargy and mood swings, try nicotine gum, lozenges and nicotine patches.
– Find New Ways to Unwind: Most smokers or drinkers develop their addiction to help themselves relax or to handle life when they are stressed. Find new ways of relaxing, so you do not have to depend on these harmful things anymore.
– Keep Track of Your Drinking: Maintain a log, if necessary, to keep track of how much you are drinking. This will give you some keen insights on whether you are improving and if your current strategies are working.
– Do Not Drink on an Empty Stomach: A full stomach slows the absorption of alcohol. On the other hand, if you tend to eat a lot on an empty stomach, all the alcohol gets absorbed too quickly. Have a drink as a side with your meals instead of drinking it alone.
– Opt for Low Alcohol Alternatives: This is a good way to keep a check on your alcohol consumption. Drinks like vodka have more alcohol than normal beer. Another way of decreasing the overall alcohol consumption is by mixing different drinks.
– Avoid Eating Salty Snacks with Your Drinks: Salt makes you thirsty, which makes you drink more and faster, too.So avoid salty snacks like peanuts, popcorn and chips while you are drinking.
It is not only your sperm count that you should think about. It is also the motility, as well as the shape of the sperm that determine your chances of producing a baby, but sperm count is definitely a good indicator of your reproductive abilities. You can improve your reproductive abilities by boosting sperm count. There is also a difference between sperm count and sperm concentration.
A sperm count anywhere in the range from 15 million to 150 million per milliliters is considered normal. You have a fair chance of getting your partner pregnant as long as your total ejaculate sperm count is over 22 million sperm.
There are quite a number of things affecting your sperm count that you cannot control. These factors include genetics, cancer or pituitary gland problems; however, there are a number of controllable factors mentioned below that can cause a significant improvement in your sperm count:
– Eat Right: You can control your sperm count by controlling what you eat. A healthy intake of micro-nutrients like vitamin C, E, folate and zinc can increase sperm count. The right diet is the answer to how to increase sperm count and volume.
Here are some foods that you should add to your diet to boost sperm counts and improve sperm shape and motility:
– Avoid Unhealthy Foods: Obesity can lead to low sperm count, too. Therefore, it is important to maintain an ideal weight. However, maintaining weight does not mean you have to go hungry.
Food deprivation in men can cause a loss of libido. It also alters the structure of reproductive tissue leading to infertility. Have a balanced diet consisting of plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
Also, you must avoid over-indulging in:
– Try Some Supplements: Supplements can be a good way to replenish the vital nutrients your body lacks. In order to increase your sperm count and enhance your fertility, the most important supplementary nutrients are vitamin C and zinc. Vitamin C prevents sperm cells fromclumping together; thus, increasing fertility. Zinc helps increase testosterone levels, sperm count and sperm motility.
There are few other supplemental nutrients that you can take:
– Try ProSolution™ Pills: The market is flooded with vitamin supplements and pills to help increase your performance in the bedroom. ProSolution™ Pills are one of the unique and most effective products available in the market. ProSolution™ Pills can:
ProSolution™ Pills contain:
Exercise does not only give you muscular arms and washboard abs. It can also boost your sperm count and increase your fertility. According to a research published by the Harvard University, men who exercise for seven or more hours a week have 48 percent more sperm concentration than men who exercise for less than one hour per week.
Exercising regularly can:
All of these directly improve sperm count. However, simply jumping onto a stationary bike for an hour is not the right way to help increase your sperm count. In fact, studies show that the pressure put on the scrotum while you are seated on a bicycle can actually decrease your fertility. Just as the right diet answers how to increase sperm count at home, exercise reveals how to increase sperm count as well as how to increase testosterone.
The forms of exercises that help boost sperm count are:
Also, here are some don’ts that you must abide by while exercising:
Your sperm count indicates the state of your health. Since the secret to health is maintaining a proper lifestyle, you can increase your sperm count by simply altering your lifestyle. The tips in this article answer how to increase sperm count and how to increase sperm count fast. They also provide ways how to increase your sperm count naturally.