Most men are conscious about two things: sexual performance and penis size. You may not admit it, but secretly, you typed “how to last longer in bed for men,” so you can last longer and make your partner happy. After all, a recent survey shows that the average sex session, sans foreplay only lasts 7.3 minutes, and you both want it to last far longer.
In case you are wondering how long does the average male last in bed, it’s three to seven minutes. This could be an issue since women want longer than that. Is there a way to fix this situation? The answer is yes.
Stick around and read until the end,because here are 16 how to last longer in bed for men tips and ways to avoid coming up short when time matters most.You’re welcome.
1. Let’s Talk About Men, Sex and Numbers
Fine, you have not yet moved on from the 7.3 minutes of average sex session. Apparently, there are more numbers you need to know to help you understand the situation better.
Why the Numbers Don’t Lie
Here are some interesting facts on sex by the numbers:
- The average duration of sex is 7.3 minutes, which is four minutes shorter than women’s ideal time.
- 84 percent of men between 25 and 29 are willing to take matters in their own hands. This could be useful, especially if you want to know how to last longer in bed for men without pills.
- Men are likely to receive oral sex from their partners than to give it, with the exception of men aged 18 to 24 years old.
- The use of condom is higher on younger guys between 14 and 17 years old, with a steady decline of condom usage as you age.
Now that you are acquainted with numbers, below is every man’s guide to last longer in bed.
2. Increase Your Alone Time and Learn to Control Your Orgasm
How often do you masturbate? If you are not getting some alone time, then you should include “masturbation” in your list of to do’s.
Here’s why: you teach yourself to control your orgasm.
When you masturbate, you learn the art of edging. This is where you teach yourself to get close to orgasm then stop and bring yourself back down. This way, you are able to control when you want to ejaculate and eventually help you last longer in bed.
Here’s an advice: don’t do it all the time. The problem with masturbating too much is that you might get used to a certain sensation using your own hands. There is a possibility that your man down south won’t cooperate when the need arises e.g. your partner is around ready for some action. Take it easy with your alone time. Don’t forget to lock the door.
3. Kegel Exercises for Men: Every One-Minute Man’s Best Friend in the Sex Department
You often associate Kegel exercises with women, particularly post-pregnant women. It helps them get their uterus back to its normal shape.
Did you know that this exercise could help you a lot in lasting longer inside the bedroom?
According to a study carried out by experts from Sapienza University of Rome, pelvic floor exercises could help you with lifelong premature ejaculation. In the said study, experts found that consistent pelvic floor exercises for 12 weeks increased ejaculation time from an average of 31.7 seconds to 146.2 seconds.
How to do Kegels the right way:
- Locate your PC muscles, or the muscles you use to stop urination.
- Contract these muscles for five seconds.
- Do this 10 times per set, three times a day.
The best part is you can do the exercise anytime, anywhere, and no one will even notice.
4. Deep Breathing: A Simple but Effective Way to Control Ejaculation
Have you tried Yoga or meditation techniques? There are various deep breathing exercises taught in these practices, which could home in handy inside the bedroom. The good news is you don’t have to enroll in classes just to learn this technique. All you have to do is:
- From heavy breathing, shift to deep breathing.
- While still in deep breathing mode, inhale for three seconds then exhale in five.
- Do this for five minutes without breaking the pattern.
The good thing about this technique is that it helps you relax before you get into action. This will also lower your arousal arc to help you last longer. If it helps, then do deep breathing together with your partner, five minutes before you start with your sexy session.
This is just the beginning. There’s plenty of techniques on how to last longer for men sans the pills so make sure you’ll keep reading until the end.
5. Get Out of Your Own Head: Say Goodbye to Being a Two-Second Tom
There are various reasons why you are always ahead of the game. It could be stress, financial issues, and relationship problems. Apart from this, there is another common issue haunting men and it is called performance anxiety.
Performance anxiety is a situation where you are constantly wondering if you are doing it right, or if your partner is having fun, or how you look without clothes, and other worries that are getting in the way of your performance.
In case performance anxiety is haunting you, here are some things you can do to help you last longer:
- Go back to deep breathing exercises.
- Learn to incorporate anxiety reducers such as working out or reconnecting with a hobby.
- Stop and focus on how everything feels inside your body, including the feelings your body is producing for you.
- Talk about your fears and worries with your partner to make you more secure and comfortable.
- Take your time in sex.
6. Introduce Changes in Your Usual Sexual Techniques
Let’s say you already the mastered the art of sex according to your own version. In fact, these techniques you established are so effective that it worked every time.
Here’s the thing: there is a possibility that your mastered technique will put you down and may not work the next time you plan to do it.
How do you remedy the situation? Change up your usual techniques and try something else. You can start with foreplay then tease her by getting inside her. After a few push and pull movements, focus on other areas of her body. This will surely blow her away.
However, don’t limit yourself to what happens inside the bedroom. By introducing changes in the routine, this means switching things up like sex in the morning or afternoon delight in case you always do it at night. Or do the deed in other areas in your house instead of the usual bedroom.
7. Stop or Squeeze When You’re on the Edge of Glory
This is the problem among men. When you are about to reach that big O, instead of pulling it out, you decide to give in and let your orgasm fill the room. That’s unfair, especially if your ladylove didn’t get hers yet. What if you found out that there are two common techniques that could help you delay ejaculation, would you go for it?
Yes, you might even find these techniques in Yahoo’s how to last longer in bed for men articles. These are called stop-and-start and the squeeze method, which work best in delaying your big O, so you could last longer. Seeing questions like how to last longer in bed for men yahoo answers and Google is all too common, so don’t feel embarrassed to want to know how, as so many guys do.
Mastering the Stop and Start Method
Here is how to use the stop and start method effectively:
- Once you are about to climax, stop the stimulation. You can do this by pulling it out in a less obvious manner if you are inside her or simply stopping if by manual stimulation.
- In the meantime, focus on her sources of pleasure so your partner won’t notice what’s going on. You can also rub the head of your penis on her vagina to keep her aroused.
- When the sensation died down, get back to business.
- Do this until you are ready to let out the big O.
Using the Squeeze Method
Here’s how to use the squeeze method:
- Stimulate yourself until you are close to ejaculation.
- When you are about to come, squeeze the area between your shaft and glans for 30 seconds, or at least until the sensation dies down.
- Do this again to teach your body and identify the sensation involved in this method.
In case you don’t want these techniques, read the next section and find out what else you can do to make you last longer without getting her frustrated.
8. Follow Usher’s Advice: Take Things Inside the Bedroom Nice and Slow
You heard Usher sang it, “I just wanna take it nice and slow.”
Listen to it again and you get the picture. Instead of hammering your way in and going fast as if you are in a race, why not slow things down and take your time inside the bedroom. Even Yahoo answers from “how to last longer in bed for men” question will give you the same tip, and here’s why:
- Leads to more connected and intimate experience, which is more pleasurable.
- More sensual, which will surely keep your partner’s arousal level in its highest state.
- Helps you last longer in bed.
The bottom line is to enjoy the journey that leads to your destination, which is orgasm. There is no need to rush things. Slow down and savor the moment.
This leads you to the next tip on how to last longer in bed naturally free.
9. Give Her an O Earlier Than You Do and Make Her Happy
Let me tell you something about penetration: it speeds things up for you – and this is what you are trying to avoid. Once you are able to let that big O, there is a possibility that your man down south won’t cooperate the way you want it, too.
Here’s what you can do: let her come early. Make her orgasm during foreplay. The good thing about this strategy is that it puts you both in a relaxed state and increases the chances of finishing together.
Here are tips to make her orgasm even without getting it in:
- Invest at least three minutes in kissing to lower her stress levels.
- Pay attention to other erogenous parts of her body like neck.
- Stroke and caress her down there without taking off her underwear.
- Don’t forget her clitoris, although take it easy on stroking it since this is a sensitive area.
10. Go for the Right Condom to Help You Last Longer in Bed
Condoms are designed for a two-fold purpose:
- Reduces your risk of contracting sexually transmitted disease.
- Prevents unwanted pregnancy.
However, condoms can be used for another purpose, which could help you last longer in bed.
Regular condoms help minimize sensation down south. Apparently, there is another type of condom that aims to address ejaculation issues and as a result, increases your time inside the bedroom.
Say hello to condoms with benzocaine.
Benzocaine is a type of local anesthetic, which numbs the nerve endings in your skin. Once worn, it decreases your sexual sensation and brings your response to sex and arousal in a more manageable level.
Make sure you use the condom during your solo session so you have an idea how it feels and if it will work when the need arises.
Aside from condoms with benzocaine, there is another numbing agent you might want to consider, which you will find out in the next section.
11. Promescent: Desensitizing the World One Penis at a Time
Numbing creams could be a good option to prevent premature ejaculation and make you last longer in bed. The problem with this technique is that most numbing creams are not FDA-approved. This means there is a possibility that you might be doing more harm than good to your body, especially your man down south.
Here comes Promescent, a FDA-approved medication to help you handle issues down there. Promescent is a topical spray with lidocaine, which you spray on your penis 10 minutes before the intended sexual activity. As a result, it desensitizes your penis so you can better manage your sensations during the act itself.
In case you are wondering, Promescent could give you up to one hour of ejaculation control, which is not bad. The best part is you don’t have to worry about desensitizing your partner too since it doesn’t have an effect on her.
12. Lay Off the Meat and Watch What You Eat
Have you always been a steak and potatoes type of guy? If yes, how is your stamina inside the bedroom? If you noticed that your stamina is losing supply every time you have sex, then you need to reconsider your food options.
According to a study published in Yale Medical Journal, vegetarians have more stamina in bed compared to meat eaters. Still, this doesn’t mean you should skip eating meat. After all, your body needs protein for energy. It’s all about choosing the right meat, specifically lean and loin portions.
Aside from lean meat, here are other food choices you should add in your diet to help you last longer in bed:
- Wheat germ
- Olive oil
Adding these foods in your diet not only boosts your endurance in bed but also your overall health. This could make you last longer too, and it’s a good thing.
13. Open the Kama Sutra and Reconsider Your Sex Positions
Fact: there are more than 10, 20, or even 30 sex positions you can do with your girl. These positions could give different sensations and bring out the flexibility in you and your girl.
Did you know that there are positions that could help you last longer in bed?
Most of the techniques mentioned above will surely help so you could last longer and avoid any frustrations inside the bedroom. However, how you do it could spell the difference too. Here are some sex positions you should try to prolong ejaculation:
- Perpendicular – This is where you press the top of your shaft against her vulva at 90-degree angle. Instead of using your penis for penetration, you use it to rub against her clitoris, as if your member is a sex toy.
- Woman on Top – The good thing about this position is that the woman is able to control the depth, pace, and pressure. She is also able to pay attention on how you will respond to her stimulation so she could slow down. Don’t be afraid to be honest with her so you could both enjoy the experience.
- Spooning – The shallow entry makes sure that you won’t be over-stimulated, thereby helping a man last longer in bed. Simply lie behind your partner facing the same direction, although a bit below her so you could enter.
- Coital Alignment Technique – This is a variation of the famous missionary position. Although this position doesn’t exactly help you last longer, it increases the chances for your partner to reach climax through direct clitoral stimulation. To do this, do the missionary position, lower yourself to maintain contact between your bodies and move forward.
In relation to sex position, below is the position you should consider skipping.
14. The Doggy Style: Speeding Things Up Inside the Bedroom
You want to take over and in control. Plus, you love the view of her waist and butt that are curved perfectly. Who wouldn’t get turned on with that?
That’s the problem. If you want to last longer, then consider other positions, such as what were mentioned above. Dog style is great for quickies, which is something you don’t need especially if you want to last longer in bed.
In case you prefer this method, then check out the tip in the next section to help you delay orgasm.
15. Don’t Go Deep: Using the 7 and 9 Technique
Do you want to know the surefire way to orgasm early? Go deep. Apparently, this is not what you want. Deep thrusting leads to quick orgasm – and that is not the aim of this post.
To last longer in bed, penetrate on the lower portion of her vagina or make shallow thrusts. You can also alternate shallow and deep thrusts to make the experience more fun.
Another technique is the 7 and 9 method. In this method, count seven fast in and out strokes followed by nine slow in and out strokes. This rhythm is good for you so you could last longer and at the same time, good for her to establish a rhythm to keep her stimulated.
16. It’s All in Your Mind: Stop Thinking About That Orgasm
Most people think that the end goal of sex is to let out that big O. Fine. Orgasm is the ultimate goal and the reason why you are doing it.
Here’s the thing: it’s not just about orgasm. Sex is also about enjoying the journey, which means stimulating each other’s body through various means. Therefore, stop thinking about orgasm and focus on the deed itself. There is pressure to experience climax, which causes you to speed things up in bed.
After all, sex is not defined by how many times you climaxed in order for it to be good or what happened during the 7.3 minutes. Once you stop thinking about orgasm, you are able to slow things down, enjoy the experience, and focus on the sensations involved in sex. You will be surprised with how much longer you can withhold ejaculation if you focus on these things instead of thinking about orgasm all the time.
Some Fascinating Final Words
No man wants to be called as “One Minute Man” or “Two Second Tom.” Pills could help, but as much as possible, you want to keep it natural to ensure your optimal health, as well. As far as how to last longer in bed for men pills can be a solution – to a degree.
In case you are having issues in the ejaculation department, these 16 techniques on how to last longer in bed for men will surely help you prolong sensation and getting off too early during the session.
Choose a technique from this list and see how it works.